Wednesday 5 January 2022

 Beware Covid

On the 23rd December 2021 I tested positive for covid after feeling unwell for three days. Everyone had been saying ‘Oh it’s just like a bad cold. Nothing to worry about.’ Then there were the conspiratorial theorists on Facebook saying it was all a con - politicians wanting to take away our freedom and our livelihoods. World domination of the masses. And Boris is in on it - he must be in cahoots with Russia and China. Oh and let’s not forget Trump. These people obviously have not contracted one of the more powerful variants of this virus, and presumably don’t know anyone who has. Yes, I have an underlying condition - only 67% lung function because of copd. Yet my oxygen levels have remained between 96 and 99% because I am basically more healthy than someone half my age. Want to know what’s most debilitating about this virus? It’s how it leaves you. I’m on Day 16 and I can do nothing. Even making a cup of tea is a major challenge. Not because I can’t breathe but because I have zero energy. They’re calling it ‘Long Covid’ but it looks very much like Myalgic encephalomyelitis, also called chronic fatigue syndrome. Imagine a world where half the population is suffering with this long-term condition. So, to those of you who are still spouting off that it’s just a bad cold - please STOP! 

You are putting yourself and others at risk.



No comments: